Being an Eagles fan we have seen our share of amazing wideouts. DeSean Jackson was one of the most prolific receivers in Philadelphia Eagles history. We all know the Philadelphia Eagles are in need of receivers and that’s why in this article I am spotlighting draft prospect, W.R. Amari Rodgers. With the comps to Jackson, he would be a great value where he is projected to go in the draft. A slot receiver with the ability to take the top off of a defense sure would be helpful in the Eagles offensive game plan.
Hailing from Knoxville Tennessee, the 5’10” 210 lb and also being the son of former Tennessee QB and current Baltimore Ravens wide receivers coach Tee Martin, it’s clear that Amari Rodgers has football in his DNA. The versatile slot receiver has been working out at both receiver and running back positions for NFL teams. This would be a huge asset for the Philadelphia Eagles to have a dual-threat at 2 positions of need and a value with Rodgers projected to go between the 70th or 80th picks.
As we all know every player in every draft has upside and downside, some more then others. Draft prospect, wide receiver Amari Rodgers is no exception. I feel his upside far outweighs his downside.
- Very strong, with compact body type.
- Came back from an ACL tear in 166 days, exemplifying his work ethic.
- Sets up cornerbacks with clever alterations of route speed.
- Can get to top speed very quickly.
- Plus ball-tracking and focus to catch the 50-50 ball.
- Second gear to chase down the deep ball.
- Needs to prove he can deal with the NFL press.
- Inconsistent early vertical push off the snap.
- Has a tendency to rush through route fakes.
- Average foot agility getting in and out of breaks.
I truly hope the Philadelphia Eagles look hard at Amari Rodgers I feel he could help this team in many different ways. Only time will tell what the Eagles will do in the 2021 draft. Click Here for more Philadelphia Eagles and NFL Draft Coverage.