Over the past weekend, wrestling enthusiasts across the world witnessed an unforgettable spectacle. The All-Star Junior Festival 2023 held in Philadelphia. The event, which was organized by NJPW, showcased the very best Junior Heavyweights from every corner of the globe. The performances put forth by these talented athletes left the audience in awe and provided a truly remarkable experience for all those in attendance. In a world dominated by larger-than-life giants, it’s refreshing to see that some of the best wrestlers in the world are in the Junior division.
The event was a true spectacle, no matter how you watched this event you where excited for the amazing action you saw. The show was an impressive display, showcasing the talents of over nine companies, such as AEW, GCW, NJPW, Dragon Gate, ROH, CMLL, DDT, and Impact. It was undoubtedly an unforgettable and remarkable experience for all the fans fortunate enough to have witnessed it. If you missed this event on Saturday, I highly recommend catching the replay. It was a satisfying event that left everyone pleased. I would like to draw your attention to a match that was particularly impressive last Saturday.
Results from the Junior Festival
Goldy [free] defeats Vinny Pacifico [free]
- YOH [NJPW] & Matt Sydal [AEW] defeat BUSHI [NJPW] & Shun Skywalker [Dragon Gate]
- ALL STAR JR. USA TOURNAMENT – SEMIFINALKevin Knight [NJPW] defeats Clark Connors [NJPW]
- ALL STAR JR. USA TOURNAMENT – SEMIFINALMike Bayley [Impact] defeats Francesco Akira [NJPW]
- Rich Swann [Impact], Ryusuke Taguchi [NJPW] & The DKC [NJPW] defeat Real1 [free], Jack Cartwheel [free] & Starboy Charlie [free]
- Alex Shelley [Impact], Robbie Eagles [NJPW], Yoshinobu Kanemaru [NJPW] & Kosei Fujita [NJPW] defeat ABC (Ace Austin [Impact] & Chris Bey [Impact]), TJP [NJPW] & Cheeseburger [ROH]
- 5-WAY MATCHSoberano Jr. [CMLL] defeats Lio Rush [Impact/NJPW], Fugaz [CMLL], Dragon Kid [Dragon Gate] and KC Navarro [Warrior Wrestling]
El Desperado [NJPW] & MAO [DDT] defeat The East West Express (Nick Wayne [AEW] & Jordan Oliver [GCW])
- PAT’S KING OF STEAKS PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CUP 3-WAY LADDER MATCHDOUKI [NJPW] & Low Rider [free] defeat Hiromu Takahashi [NJPW] & Rocky Romero [NJPW] and Master Wato [NJPW] & Blake Christian [GCW]
- ALL STAR JR. USA TOURNAMENT – FINALMike Bayley [Impact] defeats Kevin Knight [NJPW]
ALL Star Juniors Tournament Finals
Following the initial round of the All-star tournament, the main event showcased a match between Speedball Mike Bailey and Kevin Knight, competing for the tournament championship. I am not usually one to gush over a match. I must say, this match was one of the finest live experiences I have ever had, perhaps even the best I have ever witnessed. The sport of professional wrestling is often praised for its artistic qualities. The match that took place yesterday was truly a masterpiece, comparable to the iconic painting of the Mona Lisa in its level of artistry and skill.
The result saw Mike Bailey get to pin to win the tournament. Despite not getting his hand raised, both men were winners in this match. Kevin Knight earned the respect of Bailey and viewers worldwide, which is worth more than any victory could bring. Due to an attack at the hands of Clark Connors early in the night Kevin Knight was tapped up playing to an injury. Kevin did an excellent job of playing up to the injury to the ribs all match. Mike Bailey is gradually gaining popularity among pro wrestling fans and is becoming a household name. Last night, he made a grand entrance and welcomed fans who may not be familiar with his work. Following the match, Mike Bailey challenged Hiromu Takahashi for a chance at the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship. It’s thrilling to anticipate what the future holds for Speedball Mike Bailey.
Fans Left Saticifed
New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) is renowned for its ability to deliver some of the most spectacular wrestling matches in the world. This was once again demonstrated during the Junior Festival, which took place on Saturday night. Despite being smaller in size compared to other wrestler. The Jr Heavyweights showcased exceptional skills and talent, proving that size does not determine the quality of a match. Fans from all over the world who tuned in to watch the event were completely satisfied with the entire card, from start to finish.
Joe Wood was born and raised in the Mayfair section of Philadelphia. A dedicated father of 2, a boy and a girl. Who is a lifelong Philadelphia 4 for 4-er. Joe found a passion for Professional wrestling from a young age thanks to his father, who took him to live events. Currently, Joe is studying at Full Sail University to achieve his bachelor’s degree in sports marketing and media. Once completed, he hopes to be able to cover sports full-time.