Late Push Leads The Thunder to Victory Over Adanacs

A late push by the Langley Thunder in the third period led them to an 11-8 win over the Coquitlam Adanacs on Tuesday night in WLA action.

Coquitlam was actually leading the game 7-6 heading into the third period. However, the Thunder outscored the Adanacs 5-1 in the final frame.

Despite the loss, the Adanacs’ Keegan Bell had a huge game against his former team, putting up two goals and two assists.

Langley went with Aden Walsh between the pipes on Tuesday night. Although it was a shaky start, he ended the game with 42 saves. Both Walsh and the Adanacs’ Andrew Gallant faced a lot of rubber as the shots were 50-48 in favour of Langley.

Adanacs come back to take first-period lead

Langley would get on the board first, with Robert Church finding the back of the net 2:54 into the game. Coquitlam replied right back 45 seconds later off a goal from Luke Jaber.

The Thunder retook the lead 7:16 into the first when the Scanlan connection struck. Chase buried a feed from Clay to make it 2-1.

Langley extended their lead off a shorthanded goal from Jake Boudreau.

Coquitlam kept battling back and scored a three-goal run in a matter of 2:59. Scoring for the Adanacs were Bell on the power play, Chase McIntyre and Vinny Ricci on the power play.

Nathaniel Kozevnikov tied up the game with 3:11 left in the period but Adam Noakes’ solo effort with 1:33 remaining gave the Adanacs a 5-4 lead.

Philly Sports Trips Generic

Adanacs push Langley to the brink

It didn’t take long for Langley to tie up the game in the second period. Only 50 seconds into the frame, Curtis Dickson found the back of the net to make it 5-5. Church struck again at 5:22 as the Thunder would take over the lead.

Keegan Bell tied up the game at the 9:27 mark. Noakes then had late-period heroics again. He scored with 1:26 left on the clock as Coquitlam led 7-6 heading into the third.

Huge third period leads the Thunder to victory

The wheels fell off for the Adanacs in the third period as they gave up a four-goal run to start the final frame.

Holden Garlent opened the scoring at 6:20 followed by Chase Scanlan 42 seconds later. The huge push continued as Dickson scored with 9:01 on the clock. Chase Scanlan rounded out the four-goal run with an extra attacker on the floor with 8:04 remaining.

McIntyre got Coquitlam back on the board with 6:35 left but Chase Scanlan scored the insurance goal to make the final 11-8.

Three Stars

  1. Curtis Dickson, Langley Thunder
  2. Chase Scanlan, Langley Thunder
  3. Matthew Demonico, Coquitlam Adanacs

Top Scorers

Langley Thunder

Curtis Dickson, 2g 3a

Chase Scanlan, 4g

Nathaniel Kozevnikov, 1g 2a

Robert Church, 2g 1a

Holden Garlent, 1g 2a

Coquitlam Adanacs

Matthew Delmonico, 6a

Keegan Bell, 2g 2a

Adam Noakes, 2g 1a

Chase McIntyre, 2g 1a

Don’t forget to check us out every Sunday night at 9 pm (ET) on

Shawn Slaght
Shawn Slaght

Shawn Slaght has been a sports reporter across the Canadian prairies for over 10 years and has experience covering everything from junior hockey to World Cup skiing to all levels of lacrosse. He is the Saskatchewan correspondent for All Lacrosse All The Time.