The only team in the AAC to defeat the Memphis Tigers in 2019, the Temple Owls fell short in this matchup, 41-29. Unfortunately, mistakes prove costly for Temple. The Owls (1-2, 1-2 AAC) trekked to Memphis and the Liberty Bowl to challenge the Memphis Tigers (3-1, 2-1 AAC) on Saturday afternoon.
Sixth-year quarterback, Brady White has an off day but still fired for 4 Touchdowns on a 17 of 36 game with 1 Temple interception. The Owls ended a defensive first half with a 15–10 edge. Riley Patterson nailed a 42-yard field goal to close the score to 15-13.
After a Rodney Owens interception, White hit Calvin Austin for a 65 yard hook up and the Tigers were snarling with a 20-15 lead. Ra’Mahn Davis fumbled that resulted in yet another White touchdown pass. This one went for 26 yards to Tahj Washington to pad the edge to 27-15. Temple countered when Jaden Blue (13 catches,115 yards, and three TDS) scored from 32 yards to cut it to a 27-22 deficit.
On to the final quarter they went and the Tigers took the hit and countered with a White to Jason Ivory hookup that put it 34-22 Tigers lead with 12:00 minutes showing on the clock. Temple punched back with another Blue touchdown, this one for 8 yards that made it a five-point contest, 34-29. Temple Coach, Rod Carey opted to punt away on a 4th and 9 from the Memphis 45.
The plan didn’t work out as the Tigers reeled off an 8 play 88-yard drive that ended with Kaylan Watkins 15 yard tally that sealed the deal.
Dis and Dat
- Randle Jones picked up 118 yards on 12 catches and was complimented by Branden Mac’s 64 yards on 6 catches and a TD.
- Ra’Mahn Davis contributed with 113 yards on 20 carries but had the costly fumble.
- Temple QB, Russo threw an unworldly 63 times completing 41 for 387 yards, and 4 TDS but, threw three picks.
- Brady White had an off day going 17 for 36 with 4 Touchdowns and an interception.
- Turnovers were the difference and witnessed Memphis scoring 24 points compared to three for the Owls.
Unfortunately, mistakes prove costly for Temple, but don’t make the mistake of not catching more Philly sports by clicking here.