Philadelphia Wings head into Toronto to face the Rock. After coming off an overtime win two weeks ago against Rochester Knighthawks. The Wings, with plenty of rest, look to get busy and pick up a win for their chances at the playoffs.
Dan Dawson gets a wide-open pass from Challen Rogers in front of the net and puts the Rock on the scoreboard first. Then Dan Dawson strikes again as he makes cuts through the Wings’ defense, beating the one-on-one coverage. Dan Dawson just creating havoc in the early going. Mitch Jones doing what he does best, and that’s finding the back of the net with a power play goal. Taite Cattoni gets involved on the scoreboard for Philadelphia.
Toronto Rock go on offense. Dan Craig realizes that Chad Tutton is not covering his man in the Wing’s defensive zone. Therefore Craig finds Tom Schreiber making a crisp pass to him. Schreiber puts it in with an over-the-shoulder goal. Mitch Jones, with traffic in front of him, makes a nice goal to tie it up at the end of the first quarter.
Toronto just poured on the offense in this quarter. Brandon Slade came out making his presence felt by putting up a goal for the Rock. Dan Craig then takes the ball to the house! Phil Mazzuca joins with a nice goal of his own.
Kiel Matisz would give the Wings a little bit of life by scoring. However, that really didn’t change things. The Rock would add on two more goals. One from Challen Rogers and then Dan Dawson woth his third of the night.
It became the Mitch Jones show. Joe Resetartis goes to his go-to man Jones who beats the double coverage in front of the net. Corey Small of Toronto would then record his first goal of the game. Jones would again score, this time after getting knocked down.
The channel changes it becomes the Tom Schreiber show. Schreiber scores back-to-back goals mid-way through the 4th quarter recording his hat trick. Mitch Jones took advantage of a late power play scoring once again. However, the Toronto would come up with a creative play next. Corey Small set the screen, Tom Schreiber then passed it to Brandon Slade for the goal. The final score was Philadelphia Wings 7 and Toronto Rock 12.
- Alex Crepinsek recorded his 700th loose ball, and Trevor Baptiste got his 1200th face-off win.
- Shots on goal had the Rock with 64 and the Wings with 42
- Loose balls go to Toronto 72 to 50
- Faceoff wins went to the Rock 14 to 9
- Current Playoff Picture: With Panther City and Colorado clinching playoff spots in the West this weekend, the 5th place team in the East can no longer cross over as the Wild Card. Therefore, the Wings must now finish in the Top 4 in the East. However, they can no longer mathematically finish 3rd. In order to get to 4th place, they must win both of their remaining games, AND get help form Georgia, in the form of a win over Rochester next week.
Pat Bernard has four years of podcasting. His first year with the Pattison Ave Phantics and four years running Devereaux Sports. Now currently, both Devereaux Sports and Edge of Sports. Pat is a for 6 Philly sports fan. Flyers, Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Wings, and Union. The Gobbler is a former pro wrestler and ACPW Hall of Famer! He is originally out of Ambler from Northeast Philly (by the Tacony Bridge). Pat is a credentialed Philadelphia Wings Beat Reported under Edge of Philly Sports.