This week’s Throwback Thursday player is Neil Doddridge.
A big thanks to www.swarmitup.com for the statistics.
1991-92 Detroit Turbos
1993-94 Boston Blazers
1996-97 Buffalo Bandits
1998 Syracuse Smash
1999 Buffalo Bandits
2000 Pittsburgh Crossfire
2001-02 Washington Power
2003-04 Calgary Roughnecks
2005 Minnesota Swarm
Regular Season Statistics:
GP 121, G 94, A 93, Pts. 187, PM 362, LB 500.
- First player ever signed by the Minnesota Swarm
- Named Minnesota Swarm Director of Scouting on January 17, 2007 – August 25, 2011
- Wore #21 in his only year with the Swarm in 2005
- Lefthanded Defenseman
- Won 1991 MILL Championship with the Detroit Turbos
- Won 1996 MILL Championship with the Buffalo Bandits
- Won NLL Championship with Calgary Roughnecks in 2004
- Won Mann Cup with the Brampton Excelsiors in 1992 & 1993
- Won Mann Cup with the Six Nations Chiefs in 1994, 1995 & 1996
- Won Mann Cup with the Victoria Shamrocks in 1997 & 1999
- His seven Mann Cups is the most ever won by one player and his six in a row (1992 – 1997) is also a record
- Won 1986 Founders Cup with the Mississauga Tomahawks
- Won 2004 Presidents Cup with Ladner Pioneers
- Won Silver Medal for Canada at 2002 World Field Lacrosse Championship
- Played for Scotland at 1998 World Field Lacrosse Championship
- Assistant Head Coach for Finland at 2015-2019 World Indoor Lacrosse Championships
- Won the Brogden Cup (North American Club Field Lacrosse Championship) in 2007 with the Victoria Seasprays
- Named to Canadian Lacrosse Hall of Fame in 2008 as part of the 1994-96 Six Nations Chiefs
- Head Coach of the WLA Coquitlam Adanacs in 2010
- Head Coach of the BC Jr A Coquitlam Adanacs (2013 – Present)
- Scout for the Calgary Roughnecks (2013 – Present)
- Current Coach of Team Switzerland for the 2022 European Box Lacrosse Championships this coming July
Gary Groob has been involved with Lacrosse for the majority of his life, whether playing, coaching, or covering the sport for the media.
An avid fan, with a real drive about helping to “grow the game”, Gary became part of podcasts about the game in 2010. Through the podcasts, Mr. Groob was given an opportunity to write about lacrosse, and the rest as they say, is history.
Through many miles (flying and driving) Gary has made inroads with the National Lacrosse League, Major Series Lacrosse League, the Ontario Lacrosse Association, as well as the Arena Lacrosse League, covering the leagues, their teams, and players, working for, and in concert with all of them.
In the year 2020, Mr. Groob was made the media person for the Arena Lacrosse League, voted onto the board of directors of the Brampton Excelsiors Lacrosse Club, as well as being made administrator of the Lacrosse page “Global Lacrosse” with a membership of 9000 members in over 90 Countries. Gary was also made an administrator of Lacrosse History Past Present and Future in 2022.
Mr. Groob co-hosts a weekly Lacrosse show on Spanglish Sports World, and ZingoTV channel 250, as well as writes a weekly lacrosse column for La Portada Canada News (both in print, and online).
Gary also hosts a Lacrosse talk show and podcast for The Edge of Philly Sports Network, seen live Sunday nights at 9pm (ET), and archived on the Edge of Philly YouTube page, as well as Spotify.
Mr. Groob’s other sports interests include Hockey, Football, Boxing, Wrestling, and Baseball, competing competitively in Boxing and Wrestling for many years.